UU Young Adults are invited to participate in the UUYACJ Political Education & Book Club: an opportunity to deepen our political education and reflect together in community.
Our most recent reads including Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer and All We Can Save edited by Ayana Elizabeth Johnson and Katharine K. Wilkinson. We host our bookclubs roughly once a year, either in the fall or the spring. We’re getting ready to announce our fall book club read, so stay tuned!
Previous UUYACJ Book Club selections (in addition to this list, be sure to check out UUMFE’s Recommended Books):
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- An Indigenous People’s History of the United States by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
- Stolen Future, Broken Present: the Human Significance of Climate Change by David Collings
- No Condition is Permanent, 19 Poets on Climate Justice and Change
- Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We’re in Without Going Crazy by Joanna Macy & Chris Johnstone
- When Women Were Birds by Terry Tempest Williams