UU Ministry for Earth produces a robust and beautiful virtual worship service for use in full or in part by participating congregations each Spring, as part of Spring for Change: A Season of Sacred Activism. Earth Sunday Worship Resources are available for use through May 23.Earth Sunday Worship Resources
Watch the Earth Sunday Worship Service Livestream
Sunday, April 25 at 3:30 PT / 4:30 MT / 5:30 CT / 6:30 ET
Ministry for Earth’s Earth Sunday Worship will be livestreamed freely to the public from Facebook (no account required). Find the full order of service and speaker bios HERE.Worship Livestream
Recommended Events & Actions
Share your Congregation’s event and find a full list of UU offerings at the bottom of this page.
The Condor and the Eagle Film Screenings
Wednesday, April 21 starting at 9am PT / 10 MT / 11 CT / 12 ET, playing every 15 minutes until Thursday, April 22 at 12pm PT / 1 MT / 2 CT / 3 ET
Come together virtually as people of faith and conscience to watch the award-winning documentary, The Condor and The Eagle, and unite the UU community in the movement for Indigenous rights and climate justice. The Condor and The Eagle documentary offers a glimpse into a developing spiritual renaissance as the film’s protagonists learn from each other’s long legacy of resistance to colonialism and its extractive economy.
On the Frontline: Climate Justice for the People – Wednesday, April 21 at 5pm PT / 6 MT / 7 CT / 8 ET
Join The Frontline on the eve of Earth Day to learn about the climate justice vision and demands coming from the grassroots, and how you can take action to advance the THRIVE Act.REGISTER
BIPOC Caucus Session 3 : Water Justice – Thursday, April 22 at 5pm PT / 6 MT / 7 CT / 8 ET
A small group of UUs, working collaboratively with the UU Ministry for Earth, are moved to form a new community: a caucus for Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) focused on the intersections of racial, environmental and climate injustices. This third session will discuss Water Justice. Facilitators Paula Cole Jones (All Souls Church, D.C.) and Rashid Shaikh (First Parish, Cambridge) have decided that the first 5 sessions are open to all, and will include both a BIPOC and a White caucus space.REGISTER
Biden Climate Summit Livestream – April 22-23
President Joe Biden is holding a Leaders Summit on Climate on April 22 and 23 with world leaders. The summit begins April 22 at 8am ET and will be live streamed for public viewing; here is the full schedule. Unitarian Universalists will be able to discuss the statements of world leaders and the interests of different regions in a special “Model UN” type of meeting on April 24 at 1pm PT / 2 MT / 3 CT / 4 ET. (The registration button will lead to a registration page for SLCC; use this for the Summit meeting.)REGISTER
PowerShift Network Day of Action – April 22
On April 22, organizations within the youth-led PowerShift Network will mobilize in-person and online actions to demand climate justice. Use the toolkit below to amplify these actions on social media.ACTION TOOLKIT
Sign & Share the Youth Climate Pledge
In response to the Leaders Summit on Climate, youth organizations across the United States have come together to create a Youth Climate Pledge. This pledge asserts that all generations deserve a future to look forward to, and where all communities can thrive. Please read the demands, and if you are a youth or young adult, sign the petition to demand a pledge that is just and equitable to combat the climate crisis!LEARN MORE
Earth Day Live – April 20-22
- April 20 – Hip Hop Caucus & Partners host “We Shall Breathe” Summit
- April 21 – “Teach for the Planet: Global Education Summit”
- April 22 – Earth Day Live featured program
PowerShift Convergence Headliners
- Tara Houska and Stop Line 3 – Saturday, April 24 at 1pm PT / 2 MT / 3 CT / 4 ET – RSVP
- Regrounding: Fighting Colonialism Through Collective Healing with Power Shift Network’s Dany Siwalt, and Rising Heart founder Jordan Marie Daniel – Sunday, April 25 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1 CT / 2 ET – RSVP
Share Your Offerings!
How is your Congregation or community observing Earth Day 2021? This year, with more events going online, UU Ministry for Earth wants to help spread the word about your event! Your Earth Day / Climate Week events can be listed on UUMFE’s webpage and social media if desired! Consider also getting on the Earth Day Network map.
List of UU Earth Day/ Climate Week Offerings
Sunday, April 18
- Break Free From Plastic Pollution at 9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET: Featuring Brian Langloss from Oceana for a conversation about why plastic pollution is an environmental justice issue, the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act, and New York State’s proposed “straw-upon-request” law. Hosted by Fourth Universalist Environmental Justice team. REGISTER.
Monday, April 19
- The Industry Sector and Your Community at 1pm PT / 4 ET- UU Drawdown Initiative 2021 – MORE INFO
Tuesday, April 20
- What and How to Recycle in NYC at 10:30am ET – First Unitarian Congregational Society in Brooklyn through Brooklyn Lifelong Learning at CUNY Brooklyn College – MORE INFO
Wednesday, April 21
- Eco-Grief and Healing: In Conversation with Gaia at 1-3:15pm PT / 4 ET: hosted by The Foundation for Family and Community Healing. Discuss the science, philosophy, psychology, spirituality, and healing of our eco-grief with Earth. Please use this form to register; $20 suggested donation, please donate here. For more information, click here.
Thursday, April 22
- Healthy Planet, Healthy People: A youth-led Evanston Earth Day Celebration at 5 PT / 8 ET with Unitarian Church of Evanston – MORE INFO
- Jim Scott and Friends: Earth Day! An Online Celebration in Song at 5pm PT / 8 ET with Rowe Center – REGISTER