The Environmental Justice Practitioners Network (EJPN) is a community of practice for Unitarian Universalist environmental and climate justice leaders and community partners launched in 2015 by the UUA Green Sanctuary Program and developed in partnership with UU Ministry for Earth since early 2016.
The EJPN webinar series welcomes special guest speakers and engages in reflection and discussion to deepen understanding and faith grounding for environmental justice.
Congregational groups are encouraged to join webinar calls together, and the EJPN is supporting groups to dig deeper together through book discussion and covenanting small group ministry. Individuals are also invited to join webinars and dig deeper through online covenant groups.
Sign up to join the network and get details for upcoming webinars:JOIN THE MAILING LIST
Come back soon for more information about upcoming EJPN Webinars!
Many past webinars are available online to watch for free.
- July17, 2020-January 15, 2021- People of the Land: Healing from the White Supremacy and Colonization Pandemic
- May 28, 2020- THE STORY OF PLASTIC – Documentary Film Screening & Discussion with Diane Wilson and Sharon Lavigne
- April 10, 2020- A Conversation with Dina Gilio-Whitaker – As Long As Grass Grows Book Discussion
- March 26, 2020- Q&A with Casey Camp-Horinek, Bryan Parras, & Clement Guerra about The Condor and The Eagle Film
- February 27, 2020 – Puerto Rico, Colonization & Environmental Justice with Pavel (Pablo) DeJesús, Executive Director of the Unitarian Universalists for Social Justice (UUSJ)
- January 23, 2020 – An Indigenous Peoples History of the United States with Gail Forsyth-Vail
- May 23, 2019 – “As Long as Grass Grows” – A Conversation with Dina Gilio-Whitaker
- April 25, 2019, A Conversation with Members of Lummi Nation & Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship
- March 27, 2019, St. James Parish Rising: Environmental Racism in Louisiana, with Sharon Lavigne
- February 28, 2019, The Formation of the Environmental Justice Movement, with Paula Coles Jones
- January 28, 2019, Water Unites Us, with The Reverends Rose Edington & Mel Hoover
- November 29, 2018, Colonization & Unitarian Universalism, with Rev. Clyde Grubbs
- October 24, 2018, Prophetic Imagination – Part 2, with Pamela Sparr
- September 26, 2018, Prophetic Imagination, with Pamela Sparr, Justice on Earth essay author
- August 30, 2018, Introducing the 2018-2019 Environmental Justice Practitioners Network Season with Rev. Karen Brammer, UUA Senior Associate for Climate Justice & Green Sanctuary Program Manager, & Aly Tharp, UUMFE Program Director
- April 26, 2018, Beautiful Solutions: a Conversation with Elandria Williams, UUA Co-Moderator & Co-Editor of the book Beautiful Solutions
- March 22, 2018, Launching Create Climate Justice Net, with Aly Tharp, Program Director of UU Ministry for Earth, & Rev. Karen Brammer, Manager of the Green Sanctuary Program, the Co-coordinators of the EJPN
- February 22, 2018, with Jan Booher, Project Director of the UU Justice Florida Climate Resilience Ministry
- January 25, 2018, with Salote Soqo, UUSC Senior Program Manager for Climate Action & Environmental Justice
- November 30, 2017, with Kandi Mossett, Indigenous Environmental Network Lead Organizer, Extreme Energy & Just Transition Campaign
- October 26, 2017, NAACP Environmental & Climate Justice Program Overview, with Jacqui Patterson, Director of the NAACP Environmental & Climate Justice Program.
- September 28, 2017: Environmental Injustices of Mass Incarceration, with Candice Bernd, editor/staff reporter at Truth-out.org and co-producer of Don’t Frack With Denton, recipient of the Dallas Peace and Justice Center’s “Media Accountability of the Year” award in 2016, and member of the collaboration between Truthout.org and Earth Island Journal to document America’s Toxic Prisons.
- August 24, 2017: UU and Indigenous Collaboration, with Elder Johnnie Aseron (Director of the InterNational Initiative for Transformative Collaboration) and Rev. Karen Van Fossan (minister for the Bismarck-Mandan UU Fellowship and Church).
- May 23, 2017: UUA Presidential Candidates’ Environmental Justice Positions, based on responses to questions presented by UUMFE and Food Justice Ministries.
- April 13, 2017: Art & Storytelling for Community & Justice Building, with Jayeesha Dutta, National Community Arts Program Manager for the People’s Climate Movement and co-founder of the New Orleans’ Radical Arts and Healing Collective.
- March 23, 2017: Preparing for the People’s Climate March, with Rev. Karen Brammer, Green Sanctuary Program Director, and Aly Tharp, Programs Coordinator for UUMFE & UU Young Adults for Climate Justice.
- February 9, 2017: Grounding for Escalation, with Caitlin Breedlove, Campaign Director, and Nora Rasman, Campaign Coordinator, Standing on the Side of Love
- January 12, 2017: Widening the Circle: Learning from the Community & Creating Climate Justice, with Dr. Janice Marie Johnson, Multicultural Ministries and Leadership Director at the UUA.
- November 10, 2016: Advancing Environmental Justice: A Model of Fusion Climate Justice, with Rev. Dr. Rodney Sadler, Vice-Chair of the Justice Action Mobilization Network.
- October 13, 2016: Standing Rock, the Dakota Access Pipeline, and Indigenous Solidarity, with Psera Newman and Jimmy Betts.
- September 8, 2016: Anti-Oppressive Disaster Preparation and Response, with Paul Dalzell, an activist and organizer with Advocates for a Safe Water System and the Clean Water Task Force.