Logos for the UUA Green Sanctuary Program, UUA Office at the UN, and UU Ministry for Earth
Unitarian Universalism seeks world community with peace, liberty and justice for all & respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part. Climate chaos will cause the exact opposite.
Averting the climate crisis is critical to the vision and lived expression of Unitarian Universalism.
To this end, the UU Ministry the Earth, the Unitarian Universalist Association Office at the United Nations, and and the Unitarian Universalist Association Green Sanctuary Program launched the Create Climate Justice initiative, with three current priority focus areas:
- Strengthening Unitarian Universalist communications and mutual support networks for Climate Justice
- Mobilizing UUs in solidarity with Indigenous front-line communities
- Supporting the Just Transition to an ecological civilization through partnerships and civic engagement
Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray, the President of the UUA, shares this imporant message and invitation:
Create Climate Justice Net
The foundation of the Create Climate Justice initiative is the Create Climate Justice Net (CCJnet), an online platform that provides a powerful set of networking, resource-sharing and communication tools for Unitarian Universalists and coalition partners.
Create Climate Justice Net (CCJnet) can be utilized by UUs for organizing congregationally, locally, regionally, and based on priority issues and campaigns.
Joining CCJnet will also add you to the mailing list for the Create Climate Justice newsletter that is managed and distributed by the UUA.
How to Use CCJnet
Learn how to use CCJnet by joining an upcoming training and Q&A, led by CCJnet’s Outreach Specialist Diane Brooks. This is a great way to learn how to navigate and fully utilize the site. These calls are held monthly, on every 2nd Tuesday at 4 p.m. Pacific/ 7 p.m. Eastern.Register for Tour
Here is a video giving a quick tour of CCJnet and its various features:
Sign Up Today at CreateClimateJustice.net
How to Create an Account
To create a new account, go to createclimatejustice.net/sign-up and fill out the brief registration form.
After you click “Create Account,” you will need to verify your email address. Look for an email from info@ createclimatejustice.net titled, “Welcome to Create Climate Justice! Please activate your account.” Follow the instructions in this email.
If you cannot find this email, do a word search for “email@example.com” and/or check your spam folder and secondary inboxes. If you still cannot find this email, send a message to the site administrators through the Contact page requesting another account verification email.
5 Tips to Get Started
Once you’ve created and verified your account, you can log onto Create Climate Justice Net! Here are some tips to help you get set up and rolling:
- Explore the Navigation Menu: The icon of three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the website will open and close the Navigation Menu on the left side of the screen. This menu helps you get to the key site features.
- Fill out your personal profile: The first time you log in, you will be asked to fill out your user profile. Provide as much information as you feel comfortable sharing, so that other members can more easily connect with you.You can edit your profile any time by clicking on your name in the top right corner of the screen, selecting “My Profile” from the drop-down menu and then pressing the orange “Edit My Profile” button.
- Explore, join and create groups: Groups are where most of the action happens on Create Climate Justice Net (CCJnet.) To check out other existing groups, or create a new one, click “Groups” in the Navigation Menu to go to the Groups Dashboard. Use the buttons in the top-right of this page to search for groups or create a new group.Click on a group’s name to view its pages. To join a group, press the orange “Request Membership” button in the top-right of the About section and fill out the short request form.
- Explore the member directory: Select “Member Directory” from the Navigation Menu. This allows you to search for other site members by name, faith community, city, state, country or interest tags.You also may view all members in one list by clicking “Show All Users” at the bottom of the Member Directory page. You can directly email groups of members through the directory, and you also can email an individual directly through their profile page
- Verify account profiles: Profile verifications are like character references; they help build trust among members and a sense of community within the Create Climate Justice network. When a new member joins CCJnet, they have an “Unverified Profile.”Every profile page includes an orange button inviting others to verify their profile. If you see someone you know, verify their profile. Then press the orange button on their profile to send them an email — request that they verify your profile and press the checkbox at the bottom of the form to “Include a link to verify my profile.”