Hello ~ Thank you so much for registering for / attending the Ecology as Scripture program with Rev. Dr. Leonisa Ardizzone, on March 23, 2022.
Below you will find the program recording, feedback survey, and the resource recommendations from the chat log during the program. Please do not share this recording widely — it is a rough cut intended only for those who attended or RSVP’d. If you would like to bring this program to your congregation or community, please be in touch with Rev. Dr. Leonisa Ardizzone (contact info is listed at the bottom of the handout linked below).
- Resource handout
- Media streamed during the program:
Share your Feedback!
Resources Reccomended by Participants During the Session
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer (from Sabrina Louise and Karyn Marsh)
- Saving Us by Kathryne Hayhoe (from Elena Westbrook)
- So Far From Home by Margaret Wheatley (from Rev. Aileen Fitzke)
- Jem Bendell’s Deep Adaptation paper (from Sabrina Louise)
- I think people feel overwhelmed by the immensity of the issue, not that they don’t care. Dr. Wangari’s story of the hummingbird is one of my favorite clip to share about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMW6YWjMxw (from Tanya Webster)
- There’s an interesting lecture about how identity affects knowledge: see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEedAO7j1K0&list=PLlVrJgppjfmJ0v_-iak0vNFOCLU8A4Nlh&index=5 (from Elena Westbrook)
- There’s a UU Project Drawdown eco-challenge team that you can join – details here! https://uumfe.org/campaigns/project-drawdown-uu-initiative/ (from Aly Tharp)
- Consider the RE curriculums at UUMFE.org: https://uumfe.org/resources/learning-training/ (from Irene Keim)
- Green Sanctuary 2030 has many tools – https://www.uua.org/environment/green-sanctuary (from Nancy King Smith)