UUMFE Communications Coordinator Job Description
Posted: March 22, 2018
The UU Ministry for Earth Communications Coordinator is a contract part-time position to support UUMFE’s website, mass email, and social media presence and communications. The Communications Coordinator assists in implementing UUMFE’s communications strategy, engaging and resourcing UU individuals, groups, and congregations and other people of faith and conscience in taking bold, accountable, and faith-grounded action for environmental justice.
- Coordinate, edit, and send out UUMFE’s monthly e-newsletter, including helping to identify content.
- Perform day-to-day administration and updating of UUMFE’s website.
- Manage and grow UUMFE’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media channels by promoting relevant content. Monitor feedback on social media channels and address as needed.
- Seek out and write up stories of effective environmental justice ministry, activism, and partnership within the UU movement for the UUMFE blog.
- Stay up-to-date on issues, news, and actions related to environmental and climate justice in general and their intersections with faith and UUism in particular, and seek out hooks and openings related to communications goals.
- Solicit content, edit and design UUMFE’s annual report and occasional other print publications.
- Monitor web, email, and social media statistics with an eye toward improving effectiveness and engagement.
- Share communications strategies and enhance UUMFE’s internal and external communications strategy, protocols, planning, and implementation.
- Participate in team meetings to synchronize UUMFE programming, outreach, and communications.
- Knowledge and experience with social media sites, strategies, and tools required.
- Experience in website administration and optimization required, including management of plug-ins, widgets, SEO, etc. HTML skills and experience with WordPress required.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and attention to detail required—ability to write for the web, social media, blog posts, and email campaigns.
- Ability to work independently with off-site supervision required, including comfort with video conferencing.
- Familiarity with Unitarian Universalism required. Demonstrated commitment to, understanding of, and passion for the intersections of environment, climate, social justice, and anti-oppression required.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- Experience working with contact management systems, particularly NeonCRM, is a plus.
Reports to: UUMFE Program Director
Hours: 30 hours per month (5-10 per week)
Pay: starting at $15-30 per hour, depending on experience level
How to Apply:
UUMFE is particularly seeking candidates who are people of color / Indigenous / multiracial, and/or are young adults (as two populations on the front-lines of climate injustice). People with disabilities and LGBTQ people are also encouraged to apply. To apply, email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Application for Communications Coordinator” to email@example.com.
Application deadline: April 12, 2018.DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION