Want to learn more about Just Transition and how to address the root causes of the pandemic and climate crisis? Movement Generation, a grassroots-led organization supporting movements, and who has published a definitive booklet on Just Transition, is offering a free, four-session course to reframe the Covid-19 crisis and explore real solutions. Recognizing this as a time of possibility to act collectively and make the ecological and economical shifts we need, Movement Generation is also encouraging small groups to discuss the material together. Join a small group with UU Ministry for Earth!
The Movement Generation class will take place over four sessions on every other Tuesday, starting May 19, at 3-5pm PT/6-8pm ET: May 19, June 16, June 30 and July 14. Sessions will be held on Zoom. Spanish and ASL interpretation and live captions will be provided. Read more about the class here.
The small discussion groups with UU Ministry for Earth will meet on the alternating Tuesdays in the same time slot, 3-5pm PT/6-8pm ET: May 26, June 9, June 23, July 7 and July 21. Depending on how many UUs sign up, we will offer intergenerational groups and a young adult-only group.
All calls take place on Tuesdays 3-4:30pm PT / 5-6:30pm CT / 6-7:30pm ET. If you miss a Movement Generation session, you can watch the recording later.
- May 19 – Session #1
- May 26 – Discussion on Session #1
- [June 2 – Session #2 postponed]
- June 9 – Discussion on Black Lives Matter uprisings
- June 16 – Session #2
- June 23 – Discussion on Session #2
- June 30 – Session #3
- July 7 – Discussion on Session #3
- July 14 – Session #4
- July 21 – Discussion on Session #4
How to Get Involved
- Sign up for the class with Movement Generation.
- Sign up for a small group discussion with UUMFE through the form below.
- We will email you with the Zoom link!
- Share this opportunity with your communities!