Create Climate Justice Net (CCJnet) is a web platform that was created to give Unitarian Universalist climate and environmental justice activists and coalition partners a valuable tool for education, collaboration, and organizing. Create Climate Justice Net is a joint initiative of the Unitarian Universalist Ministry for Earth and the Unitarian Universalist Association.
Want to learn join the network? Set up an account and then mark your calendar for a site tutorial.
On the second Tuesday of each month there will be online site tutorials and Q&A sessions at 4 pm Pacific / 7 pm Eastern.
Upcoming dates: December 10, January 14, February 11, March 10
Use this call information:
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/529900948
Dial by your location:
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
Meeting ID: 529 900 948
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aASrQcN9K
Can’t make a call, or want a sneak preview?
Here is a recording of a quick tour that UU Ministry for Earth Program Director Aly Tharp gave back in May of 2018:
How to Create an Account
To create a new account, go to createclimatejustice.net/sign-up and fill out the brief registration form.
After you click “Create Account,” you will need to verify your email address. Look for an email from info@ createclimatejustice.net titled, “Welcome to Create Climate Justice! Please activate your account.” Follow the instructions in this email.
If you cannot find this email, do a word search for “email@example.com” and/or check your spam folder and secondary inboxes. If you still cannot find this email, send a message to the site administrators through the Contact page requesting another account verification email.
5 Tips to Get Started
Once you’ve created and verified your account, you can log onto Create Climate Justice Net! Here are some tips to help you get set up and rolling:
- Explore the Navigation Menu: The icon of three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the website will open and close the Navigation Menu on the left side of the screen. This menu helps you get to the key site features.
- Fill out your personal profile: The first time you log in, you will be asked to fill out your user profile. Provide as much information as you feel comfortable sharing, so that other members can more easily connect with you.You can edit your profile any time by clicking on your name in the top right corner of the screen, selecting “My Profile” from the drop-down menu and then pressing the orange “Edit My Profile” button.
- Explore, join and create groups: Groups are where most of the action happens on Create Climate Justice Net (CCJnet.) To check out other existing groups, or create a new one, click “Groups” in the Navigation Menu to go to the Groups Dashboard. Use the buttons in the top-right of this page to search for groups or create a new group.Click on a group’s name to view its pages. To join a group, press the orange “Request Membership” button in the top-right of the About section and fill out the short request form.
- Explore the member directory: Select “Member Directory” from the Navigation Menu. This allows you to search for other site members by name, faith community, city, state, country or interest tags.You also may view all members in one list by clicking “Show All Users” at the bottom of the Member Directory page. You can directly email groups of members through the directory, and you also can email an individual directly through their profile page
- Verify account profiles: Profile verifications are like character references; they help build trust among members and a sense of community within the Create Climate Justice network. When a new member joins CCJnet, they have an “Unverified Profile.”Every profile page includes an orange button inviting others to verify their profile. If you see someone you know, verify their profile. Then press the orange button on their profile to send them an email — request that they verify your profile and press the checkbox at the bottom of the form to “Include a link to verify my profile.”