The fight continues to counter the repeal the Clean Power Plan, the United States’ first-ever rule to limit the carbon pollution of power plants. As people of faith and conscience, we are morally called to save the Clean Power Plan and call for strengthened provisions to protect frontline, low-income, Indigenous, and people of color communities.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has recently announced the dates and locations of three new public listening sessions about the proposed repeal of the Clean Power Plan on the basis that “the Clean Power Plan is not consistent with the Clean Air Act.”
Public comment is currently open until January 16, but the EPA states that it plans to re-open the public comment period in conjunction with the publishing of “an upcoming Federal Register notice,” until April 26, 2018. Get talking points for your public comment and/or your message to EPA director Scott Pruitt.
Here is the most up-to-date information about the three new listening sessions:
Kansas City, MO, Listening Session
- Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- Time: 10 a.m. until 8 p.m., Central Standard Time (CST)
- Location: U.S. Department of Agriculture Beacon Complex, 6501 Beacon Drive, Kansas City, Missouri 64133
San Francisco, CA, Listening Session
- Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- Time: 8:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m., Pacific Standard Time (PST)
- Location: San Francisco Main Library, Koret Auditorium, 30 Grove Street entrance, San Francisco, California 94102
Gillette, WY, Listening Session
- Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2018
- Time: 9 a.m. until 8 p.m., Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)
- Location: Gillette College Technical Education Center, 3251 South 4-J Road, Gillette, Wyoming 82718
Pre-registration to speak at the listening sessions will begin when the notice is published in the Federal Register and close one week prior to each session. Stay tuned for more information, and take action to protect our future, the health of marginalized communities, and future generations!